Soulpad Ltd - (Thetford) - Warehouse Operative Apprentice
Weekly Wage: £243.75 per week
Monday – Friday 9am until 5pm with 30 minutes (paid lunch) (35 hours per week)
- Receive deliveries of goods and supplies.
- Check for damaged or missing items.
- Store goods.
- Move stock around by hand, using lifting gear or a forklift truck.
- Pack orders.
- Load, and sometimes deliver, goods.
- Keep records of stock.
- Keep paperwork up to date.
- Clean work areas.
- Decide which couriers to use to ship goods around the world and UK.
Understanding and following health and safety rules would be essential in this job.
- Company pension after passed probation.
- Paid for lunch.
- Provide PPE
Training provided by employer
- Health and Safety
- Processes and procedures used at Soulpad
Any Future Prospects/Progression?
Once apprenticeship completed full time perm role will be available and pay increase.
Programme: Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
Duration: 13 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your workplace.
Following enrolment and induction, programme units are grouped into 3 themes which complement each other. These are Working Safely in a Warehouse, Working with Others and Operations and Administration. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship. This is tracked online using an e-portfolio and supported by visits from a tutor every 4-6 weeks.
- Working Safely in a Warehouse
- Working with others
- Operations and Administration
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
End Point Assessment (EPA)
After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
The End Point Assessment for this standard is made up of two assessment methods:
- Knowledge and Behaviours Test - Weighting 50%
Apprentices will participate in a knowledge test that will cover the learning outcomes of the apprenticeship. This will consist of structured short answer and scenario based questions and will be taken under exam conditions.
- Practical Assessment - Weighting 50%
Apprentices will be observed by an independent assessor carrying our their everyday tasks. The apprentice will demonstrate full competence in the necessary skills required for a Warehouse Operative. The assessor will ask questions or use simulated scenarios to collect any evidence they have not been able to gather over the course of the assessment.
- Taking responsibility
- Time management
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal communication
- Problem solving
- GCSE English Grades A – E or 5 – 9* or Functional Skills Certificate Level 1
- GCSE Maths Grades A – E or 5 – 9* or Functional Skills Certificate Level 1
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work safely within the warehouse and adhere to safety measures.
Please check you are able to attend workplace as there is NO public transport available.