Puddle-ducks Nursery, Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Weekly Wage: £200.00
Monday – Friday, various shifts from 7.30am – 6.30pm (40 hours a week)
Intermediate level 2 apprenticeship
Putney, SW15 1NR
As soon as possible
Apprentice required for small friendly nursery.
We are able to offer a good salary, free hot lunch each day, uniform and solid training and support to start your childcare career.
Based in Putney we are near good shops and transport links.
Our nursery is based in a lovely location within a gated environment
We value our apprentices who start their career with us.
- To learn and uphold the nursery’s policies and procedures to safeguard, nurture, develop and care for children in our care.
- To comply and understand with the Welfare Requirements and practice guidance of the Early Years Foundation stage.
- To be proactive in providing a learning, caring environment using resources, creativeness and initiative and personal skills, reflecting your knowledge and qualification.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Good salary, free lunch for apprentices, uniform top and polo shirt, xmas bonus (dependant on time employed as at December) Good staff support whilst training – small friendly company where individuals matter
Many of our trainees gain full employment and further progression and training with us.
Monday – Friday, various shifts from 7.30am – 6.30pm (40 hours a week) ie,
- 7.30am – 4.30pm
- 8am – 5.00pm
- 8.30am – 5.30pm
- 9.00am – 6.00pm
- 9.30am – 6.30pm
- Reliable, punctual and proactive and ability to use own initiative
- High standard of written and oral communication and comprehension skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to comprehend and read and write English re policies and procedures of the nursery
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to follow instructions given by a senior member of staff at all times
- Able to work flexibly within the rooms of the nursery
- Passionate about working in Childcare
- Flexible attitude
- Punctual Hard working
Qualification: Children and Young People’s Workforce
Duration: 12 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Framework
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
Units Covered: The programme is spread across 12 months and typically covers 14 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired.
These units are split into 4 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience:
1) Health, Safety and Wellbeing
2) Child Development
3) Positive Environments
4) Personal Development/Specialism
The programme will also require the apprentice to cover Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) which will be covered through the duration of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).Apply Back to all