HML (East Malling) - Property Management Administrator
Weekly Wage: £250.00 to £288.00
37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday. 0900 to 1730
East Malling (Kent)
To work as part of a team supporting the Portfolio Managers and Estate Manager dealing with:
- Letters and reports
- Year end accounts issue and control
- Ensure data is up to date
- Ensure mail is dealt with (paper & electronic)
- Ensure telephones are answered and clear messages are taken
- Ensure where possible that all enquiries are dealt with rather than referring the enquiry elsewhere
- Assist administrative tasks to ensure a high-level delivery of service
- Help the management team hit the income and performance targets
- Report on managers activities and income.
- Support your team with all aspects of the service.
- To control and report all income generation from all managers within your team.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly and annual reports of managers and teams performance.
- To be aware of all managers daily tasks/whereabouts and when absent for more than one day ensure emails and mail is read and appropriate action is taken with them.
- Respond to correspondence/emails including those from Directors, lessees and tenants - as requested by the Estate Manager. Where the Estate Manager is absent and unsure what action should be taken respond advising that the matter will receive attention upon the Estate Manager's return.
- Contact contractors to ascertain whether they are able to carry out works and issue work order forms from PMS - checking with Directors in the first instance if authorisation is required.
- Monitor contractor’s performance.
- Follow through and complete jobs, updating database.
- Issue keys to contractors and monitor safe return - recording this information in the key book.
- Ensure that key cabinets are kept secure and closed at the end of each day.
- Ensure that inspections of estates are regularly undertaken and any points raised are actioned.
- Arrange meetings and inspections for the Estate Managers.
- Issue Draft Minutes to Directors.
- Action Minutes.
- Update the Approved Contractors List liaising with our Major Works Department and giving feedback of their efforts.
- Ensure that all necessary contracts and annual inspections are in place.
- On managers instructions - forward copies of Inspection Reports to Directors and to action salient points.
- Advise all lessees and/or tenants of impending works, etc.
- On managers instructions - write to lessees/tenants/letting agents in relation to any matters which may contravene the terms of the lease, i.e. noise/nuisance, satellite dishes, untaxed vehicles, pets, etc.
- On managers instructions - ensure that insurance claims are affected as soon as possible and in the case of major insurance claims to liaise with Loss Adjusters and obtain quotes for remedial works and to effect and oversee any emergency repairs.
- On managers instructions - ensure that all contracts and schedule of works for all estates are entered on the computerised system and updated.
- On managers instructions - contact DVLA regarding abandoned cars following procedures.
- Respond to pre-contract leasehold enquiries as necessary and as instructed by Property Managers.
- Obtain information as required from Land Registry.
- Maintain clear and up to date records of additional fee income as required.
- Answer telephone calls and take the appropriate action.
- Check, code and input invoices.
- Assisting with works orders.
- Produce weekly/monthly/annually reports.
- General filing.
- Processing paperwork on OnBase and tag as appropriate.
- Any other duties as directed.
- Enhanced Holiday (25 days + 8 Days BH)
- ½ Day Extra Holiday on your Birthday
- AE Pension
- Free eye tests & contribution to glasses
- Annual professional membership sponsorship
- Learning and Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perks and Discounts
- Long Service Awards
Every employee gets access to our online training platform. This is where we host our standard induction programmes and compliance-based training. Also used for soft skill development and MS office training.
We have set development programmes for those that progress through management with us and also, we sponsor industry relevant qualifications.
We also run many soft skills training courses to support staff and their development.
Qualification: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Duration: 18 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 3 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
- Core Business & Administration
- Managing Self & Personal Skills
- Using Resources & Achieving Results.
- After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
- After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met.
- Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
- Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A – C or equivalents in English and Maths).
Any Future Prospects/Progression?
We are always looking for individuals that we can develop into Property Managers. Those that show the right working ethos and aptitude for property management have the opportunity to develop and transition into such roles.
Employer description – HML
“Through excellent personal customer service, we aim to be the leading independent professional property services company within the management sector.”
We are a leading property management company with over 50 years’ experience and are committed to ensuring your home is handled with care and respect. With a varied portfolio of developments and with over 20 offices in the HML Group positioned conveniently around the UK, you are never far away from a local HML property manager.
The successful candidate will be provided with adequate training to enable them to complete any necessary tasks and therefore experience in the property management industry would be a bonus but is not essential.
- A-C (4-9) GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as a team player
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure